This two-part webinar series is a unique opportunity for daycare and pre-school staff to learn from two internationally acclaimed child feeding specialists with specific expertise in supporting young children’s eating in educational and childcare settings.
Wherever you are in the world, you will have had children in your care who are ‘picky eaters’. In fact, research tells us that a quarter of young children are perceived as ‘picky’ by their parent. Despite feeding challenges being extremely common, this topic is rarely covered in any depth in training for early childhood professionals. There is a wealth of resources on nutrition – the WHAT of feeding children – but very little on the HOW. You could not have two more knowledgeable presenters taking you through how to identify and respond to ‘picky eating’ in the children in your care.
Watch the lessons on your own time - then attend a live Q & A for your time zone.
We hear you: watching a long presentation live at a fixed time doesn't work for everyone. But having the opportunity to ask questions to the presenters can be invaluable. So we've pre-recorded the informational portions of these lessons and we're offering 5 live Q&A sessions with Heidi and Jo where you can get their answers to your questions.
Part 1: (watch any time)
Webinar 1 will provide you with an introduction to Responsive Feeding; the recognized gold standard in feeding children from infancy and beyond. This will support your practice in relation to feeding all the children in your care.
DURATION: 1 hour
Part 2: (watch any time)
Webinar 2 is a deeper dive into ‘picky eating’, including:
- How to distinguish typical eating from feeding differences requiring specialist help
- What causes ‘picky eating’
- 7 steps to helping ‘picky eaters’
- Accommodations for ‘picky eaters’
- Tips for teaching about food
- Considerations for food provision
DURATION: 2 hours
Part 3: Live Q&A
Heidi and Jo will be available live via Zoom to answer your questions. Heidi will bring her experience of North American and Jo will focus on the UK. Attend one live Q&A - or all five!
- Q&A #1: September 26, 2023 at 11:00 am UK time with Jo Cormack
- Q&A #2: September 26, 2023 at 1:00 pm UK time with Jo Cormack
- Q&A #3: September 26, 2023 at 1:00 pm US Eastern time with Heidi Liefer Moreland
- Q&A #4: September 26, 2023 at 3:00 pm US Eastern time with Heidi Liefer Moreland
- Q&A #5: October 30, 2023 at 2:00 pm UK time with Jo Cormack